Two Teens Wounded In Apparent Gang-Related Shooting Tuesday Night
By Mario Sevilla
Thu Sep 4th, 2014 7:36pm America/Los_Angeles
CONCORD (BCN) — Police are investigating an apparent gang-related shooting in Concord on Tuesday night that left two teens wounded, a police lieutenant said today.
The victims, aged 18 and 19, were taken to hospitals to be treated for gunshot wounds and are expected to survive, Concord police Lt. Steve Dyer said.
He said the shooting happened around 8:50 p.m. Tuesday in the parking lot of the Solano Foods market at 2191 Solano Way.
Investigators learned that the two victims had been standing with another man near a parked car in the lot on Solano Way and Overhill Drive when an unknown suspect walked up and opened fire, Dyer said.
The victims got into a car and drove to nearby John Muir Medical Center.
The 18-year-old was treated for a gunshot wound to the arm and the 19-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.
Dyer said the shooting appears to be gang-related and remains under investigation.
Police described the suspect only as “an unknown male wearing dark clothing” and armed with a handgun.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Concord police Detective James Nakayama at (925) 671-3478 or the police department’s anonymous tip line at (925) 603-5836.
(Copyright 2014, Bay City News, All rights reserved.)